Friday, December 14, 2007

Correction ACS Position on NCLB

I received this e-mail from Mary Kirchhoff of the Education Division of the ACS. It is also in the comment of my original post:

I noticed your recent posting on the North Jersey ACS Blog, and appreciate your efforts to update people on the reauthorization of No Child Left Behind (NCLB). I would like to make you aware that ACS continues to work tirelessly to include science as part of the AYP in NCLB, and does not promote science as an “optional” subject as stated in your blog. I would be most grateful if you could update your blog to ensure that it accurately represents ACS’ efforts in the reauthorization of NCLB.

___________________---
I guess what I meant to say is what I understood that now besides literacy and math there were other optional subject that the districts could use for testing science being one of them. It is is the ACS position that Science should be chosen by the districts . I hope that clarifies the situation.
Jeannette

No comments: